Emerging Leaders Summit 2018: Arizona Recap
- This sold out event had over 50 attendees gathered for a workshop on Advanced Negotiation Skills presented by Pat Murzyn – Director of Supply Excellence at Caterpillar Inc.
- Scheduled networking events a team building boat building event, cocktail receptions and a night out in Old Scottsdale.
- For a full recap of the event, click here.
About the Workshop
An Advanced Negotiation Skills Workshop focused on a principled, process-driven approach to negotiation based on global best practices. Pat shared proven techniques for recognizing the root causes of negotiation problems and how to overcome those problems to achieve breakthrough results.
The workshop covered:
- How to handle leverage (when you have it and when you don’t)
- Techniques for identifying the critical interests of key stakeholders
- Ways to find creative, breakthrough solutions to challenging problems
- Risk analysis, including how to communicate consequences most effectively
- How to deal with common negotiation tactics used by difficult people
As part of the workshop, attendees received practical tools that applied to actual negotiations as well as two-years’ access to an online negotiation portal with challenging games to help refine skills.