- 60 + next-gen leaders gathered on the Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago to participate in the all immersive RewireU public speaking workshop facilitated by the Second City.
- The sold-out event opened with an evening networking dinner at a Wrigley rooftop where attendees were able to connect with other Emerging Leaders while experiencing a cubs game.
- For a full recap of the event, Click Here
About the RewireU Workshop
The RewireU workshop was an interactive learning experience. Building on The Second City’s 60 years of using improv as a tool to generate original content, this course introduced how the tenets of improvisation can be applied to how you craft and deliver presentations at work:
- Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone: project confidence despite ambiguity or change
- Confident Stage Presence: Explore your unique Presence, Personality & Voice
- Storytelling: How to craft and deliver stories that will have their attention from start to finish
- Agility & Awareness: Adapting each message to your audience, keeping your finger to the pulse of what’s happening in the room; improv tools and techniques for brainstorming, creative thinking on your feet, pivoting effectively and responding to questions on the fly.
After each exercise, attendees received feedback from their expert facilitators. The result? Heightened awareness to shed those physical and verbal idiosyncrasies resulting in success every time.